Monday, August 7, 2023

I accidentally bought 24 sheets of the same 12'x12' design - PART 2

 As I was saying earlier in Part 1 - I have been hard at work trying to not bore myself with the paper. 


Fortunately it is such a wonderfully neutral design and colour palette that it lends itself well to many re-imaginings.  

In this re-imagining - I went totally out of my usual tendency to love and create in rich, deep jewel tones  and go with something a light, pastel and airy.  I must admit though that the 14 year old that I was creating this birthday card for heavily influenced the colour palette.

The hardest part of this card was trying to glue the wire lettering down - but I discovered a really neat wire gluing trick - ACRYLIC NAIL GLUE!!  It works so well - it is super quick drying and it comes with a little brush - so you don't have to squeeze big old drops of super glue or super glue gel onto everything and their aunty. You just brush the back of the wire with glue soaked brush and down she goes like an anchor off an ocean tanker.  

I will keep up this series as long as I can think of different ways to use the wood grain paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you stop by the Tincan deli - I love interacting with other bloggers, crafters and anyone else who is up for a chat. If you leave a comment I am going to come over to your blog and visit there for a while!!!>