Monday, August 7, 2023

I accidentally bought 24 sheets of one design of 12 x 12 inch Scrapbook paper - Part 1



Consider this a continuing series of how I can "re-interpret" the  wooden design element on all 24 sheets of 12x12" the paper in as many ways possible.
 
So how did I love thee - let me recount the ways - One way was to super like making this birthday card for my darling friend Lesley, who is the sweetest, funnest, coolest, and I really wanted to do something that would be loved by her. 
 
I challenged myself to use stamps and dies from older collections from years past.  Lately I have been pulling out more Tim Holtz of yesteryear and really "enjoying the journey" with that.

I used a free vintage font 'Essays 1743'  to make the print on the scrolls.  The map texture was also a free map jpg that I got from somewhere a long time ago and I happened to have unused printer sheets of that.

One thing I really love is stamping with TIM HOLTZ Inks and then overstamping in the same Oxide  of that. It looks soooo vintage grungey. The stamping platform makes that so ridiculously easy to do.  I have one of the TIM HOLTZ stamping platforms from when they were originally released.  I was gutted when they were made to take that off the market - I love the platform and I wanted a bigger one and now I cant get one.  As for the MISTI - I just cant justify (especially with South African exchange rate) the huge cost or pricepoint of it and that is excluding how much it would cost to pay import and shipping from the US or Canada.  The price of the small size version, seriously, not even the big version of that is enough to feed six families here. I get that its willing buyer/willing seller and yes, yes, the mighty dollar signs call them but me  - consider me an unwilling buyer - me must rather eat. 

This card was inspired by the ADVENTURE AWAITS card designed by Kath Stewart on an old 2018 Monday Challenge of Simon Says Stamp that I happened to find randomly on Pinterest.  I pinned it to my board Awesome Cards on Pinterest.  You can check that board out here -   https://za.pinterest.com/tincanac/awesome-cards/.  You can link to the card directly here Kath Stewart's original masterpiece

I loved it so much that I wanted to do something similar but with my spin on it.  I dont know what I would call my style - eclectic is as kind as I can be in describing it - its not really here or there or anywhere in particular.  Either way - here it is here - A BIRTHDAY CARD.  Gotta love birthdays - such wonderful reasons to make things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you stop by the Tincan deli - I love interacting with other bloggers, crafters and anyone else who is up for a chat. If you leave a comment I am going to come over to your blog and visit there for a while!!!>