Friday, September 27, 2024

I lived in Shiga-ken in Japan once upon a time.

 When I saw this "Wave off Kanagawa" reminiscent die on TEMU, it reminded me of the woodblock prints of Hokusai, Ando, Kuniyoshi etc.  I was transported back in time to the first decade of the 2000's when I lived in the land of the rising sun, it made me nostalgic for the beautiful landscapes and rich history.  So I decided to order it and I have been having fun with it.  I have never seen this die anywhere else other than where I saw it on TEMU, so I dont think there is a patent or brand on it.  A while back I also ordered a 12 well pack of the "CANDY" Shimmer Solid Watercolour paint from TEMU and I didnt really get to play with it much because we were moving and I just didn't have all the time I would have like to really test run it. Long story short - I took an evening to test-run both the paints and the die and while I only meant to do one  test, I had so much fun with it - I did three iterations.  

I really liked the die because it cuts cleanly and layers pretty decently.  I say this because I have ordered another sea wave die but I could never get it to cut well and they were supposed to layer but their plate design have them facing in opposite directions - so you always had one that looked embossed-cute and the other one debossed cut.  This one just works.  Anyway - here they are:





No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you stop by the Tincan deli - I love interacting with other bloggers, crafters and anyone else who is up for a chat. If you leave a comment I am going to come over to your blog and visit there for a while!!!>