Sunday, May 19, 2024

Cake and Patterns and Distress ink - part one

 Hello there 


The Wednesday challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is all about PATTERNED PAPER.  I would love a shot at the USD 25 to shop there, USD prices for crafty things is sooooooo painful to a South African wallet so whenever I have the time and energy to take a stab at it - I try to take it.  Plus I really enjoy finding ways to re-imagine my random stashes of things.

So I did a little guerilla crafting on the side to fit the challenge.....but I have a few tricks and crafty witchery to share.

Well I needed to use patterned paper and I was determined to have a co-ordinating scheme going, and frankly I did not have the cash to splurge on multiple pieces of the patterned paper or whole books of patterned paper so I had to make a plan - and a plan I did make.  


I got these cake stencils a while back from TEMU and I have been loving them.  I know that some people have issues with places like TEMU - I am not one of those people - I want to craft, crafting supplies are expensive and TEMU fills the gap created by the aforementioned.  I am happy.  I hope you are too, if you are not, then well I have to add a disclaimer here that I don't plan on making it my burden to carry the torch for it and I don't plan on dying on that hill too. We can part ways and opinions and I wont be offended.  You do you, I do me.  They are really well priced on TEMU and you dont have to pay the exorbitant shipping and duty charges that AMAZON charged me for the same kind of stencils.  My goal here is to guerilla craft on the cheap and introduce that to the South African market - I believe craft and creativity is something that should be accessible to all - I believe that there is purchasing power disadvantage that non-US/UK/EU citizens face and I believe in restoring the parity as my own contribution - anyhow as you can see - as of today the dollar equivalent of this stencil is U$D 3 - whereas on Amazon it was something like $5 and that was excluding shipping and tax. 

 If you are interested in checking out TEMU - you can link to it here with my referral code - ⭐️Click the link https://temu.to/m/ulqdrhgg4l0 to get 💰R2,000 coupon bundle or ⭐️ Search  acp636712 on the Temu App to get 💰30% off discount !!.  If you are a new user you will get a 30% off discount and they have a bunch of other marketing offers as well that you can cash in on.  

Back to the challenge - I made my own co-ordinating patterned paper with this stencil and and my good old trusty DISTRESS INKS/OXIDES and a bunch of other salvaged items from various stashes of scrap.  It was fun - I loved it so much I am going to do another post with the other card I made with other cake stencils.  

This totally frees you up to make whatever card you want in whatever colour you want and you can mess around with all kinds of elements you want in the same co-ordinating scheme as well.  I am seriously chanting "Let them papercraft cake" at this point.  Cake stencils are awesome - they are longer than average paper craft stencils and they come in so many lovely patterns. I love the ones that you can seamlessly repeat the pattern with. You should check it out!

Here's my affiliate code again - https://temu.to/m/ulqdrhgg4l0 to get the 30% off welcome bonus and the chance to grab the R2000 /U$D 110 coupon bundle  or you can search this code - acp636712 on the app to get a 30% off new user welcome bonus that is linked with this code.

Happy Guerilla Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes me happy when you stop by the Tincan deli - I love interacting with other bloggers, crafters and anyone else who is up for a chat. If you leave a comment I am going to come over to your blog and visit there for a while!!!>