Monday, July 28, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 - JULY

I know that I have been neglecting this blog a while. 

Sometimes life moves so slowly and then times like these I can barely catch my breath.  I still havent caught up on y'all's lovely comments from the last post, last month.  I need to get my groove on - I know.

I am going to plead super busyness and not and not do a step-by-step this month, of how I made this tag for the July edition of 12 tags, but I might just add some close ups of detail.  



Found out that I can emboss acetate with my thick stencils in my cuttlebug with the grey embossing mat! A + B + Rubber mat + acetate + stencil + B. This is actually a giraffe print pattern but I think on acetate it looks like water!

Loved making this bottle - I wanted it to look like there was an old treasure map in the bottle - Intense UTEE'ing took place here. I cut a triangle of cork lining for the bottle, I didnt use the die - just cut a triangle, it was faster and less hassle than pulling all my stuff out again.

The sand mix didn't turn out as nicely as I wanted but that is probably because I didnt want to use up all my glorious glossy accents on the sand mix so I tried to substitute white glue in.....Tim always knows better!


12 comments:

  1. I love this tag!! It totally looks like water and the water's reflection. Very cool! And I love how you incorporated the bottle! And love the red star fish. Wonderful tag! And the sand it good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya ! love your tag, lots of great creativity featured here! I hear you on the busyness front , have fun keep on creating ! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice, glad that you're back in blogland! Your tag is fantastic, I love, love, love the bottle, and you're right, the giraffe pattern is just like water! Fab. Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning tag!!
    I love the treasure map and that sentiment.
    Still haven't thought about my tag for this month…I didn't really care for his tag this month :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your version Candice!!! A treasure map in the bottle is a touch of genius. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag! I love your little twist of the treasure map, and the giraffe pattern looks just like water :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your interpretation of this months tag …..That bottle looks fab! I didn't have lots of things this month and I thought I didn't have a suitable embossing folder!!! I have the one you used and it looks fab!…..next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tag! The bottle is fabulous. It is so nice and inspiring to follow your blog. Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool, a gorgous take on Tim's tag. Love you creations and following now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag,love all the textures.

    I have just stumbled across your blog Candice,your creations are brilliant plus I love your writing style. I love your ideas re turning straws into 'metallic' pipes,would you have any objections if I use that idea in some of my work if I link back to you? I am a firm believer in giving credit where it's due :)

    I am following now as I love anyone that uses cogs!

    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the July tag (super busy too, hence being so late catching up - and I didn't even get to play along in July - and it's not looking good for August either!)... Fabulous glassy effect on the bottle, and I love the ancient treasure map.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great art tag, I especially love the 3d look and that cool little bottle. The UTEE you applied created a wonderful texture.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

It makes me happy when you stop by the Tincan deli - I love interacting with other bloggers, crafters and anyone else who is up for a chat. If you leave a comment I am going to come over to your blog and visit there for a while!!!>