So Pinterest has become my Holy Grail of all types of inspiration and innovation. I have discovered a fantastic new “tool-set” in it. I get a little anal about keeping things fresh and interesting. The thing is, I am a chronic Distress Ink buyer….so I might have a pretty big collection of it and yet I find myself using the same old colours over and over again. This doesn’t bode well in the quest to be fresh and interesting. A while back I decided to start pinning colour schemes for rooms in my house I wanted to paint and then decorate. I clicked on my colour palettes board a few days ago and I had the equivalent of a crafty burning-bush episode – I thought to myself “Holy Moses – these schemes totally work for tag and card colour scheme inspiration”.
So I have decided to pick one and go with it – for the Timmy Tag as well as whatever else I feel inspired to create this month.
I went with the first image that appealed to me and it happened to be this palette over here on the right. Easy peasy Distress Ink squeezy????? I figure all I have to do now is match up the Distress Inks to the closest approximation to the colour swatch right? I dunno, let’s see what I can match up – here comes my next new tool – the Distress Ink Colour chart.
So I am thinking I need to pick Spun sugar, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass/Broken China and Gathered Twigs or Walnut Stain – maybe???
Now – I am going to choose a stamp set to attempt this month’s technique – SMUDGE STAMPING and DISTRESS SPRITZING. It doesn’t hurt also that I have the Alterations Movers and Shapers Tattered Leaves Die set, for you know….if I want to add some texture or dimension. I seem to be incapable of not adding some kind of 3D dimensional element to anything that I do.
Anyhow – let’s see how this goes.
I smudged stamped the big leaves and then coloured them in – because they were too contrasty with the the subtle smudge stamped effect outline, to blend in the muted tones I wanted – I washed out the the colour with a waterbrush.
I made my own stencil once again with the brick texture Strip die from Sizzix and used my new Spritzer. Have to admit that I still trying to get the hang of it but I love the effect despite my clumsy attempts to confine the spray pattern to where I wanted it to go. I made the little Robin’s eggs out of airdry clay and spritzed that for a speckled egg look and then I glossy accented that. I added a few twigs here and there as well.
I am happy with how this turned out. I am unusually into pinks and blues these days – dont know for sure why but I do suspect its because I am feeling very feminine and loving my femininity at the moment.