This month's challenge, I have to admit had me in a bit of tizzy, busy mess. We have the magnificent opportunity of returning to a challenge of our choice from the last three years.
The details of the challenge as it is laid out at Our Creative Corner can be found by going here - go on over and have a look - the design team have all chosen a variety of different challenges and there is a bounty of coolness to look at this month because it is so diverse.
In a nutshell - there is a list of challenges from 2013 through 2015 that you can choose from. You have to state what challenge you have chosen, go to that particular challenge, read those specific challenge rules and then play along to those rules in this month's challenge.
I thought it was a brilliant plan - the problem was that almost every single challenge listed was a super fun one and I battled to settle on just ONE challenge that I wanted to have another go at. Eventually I settled on Alison's "Words, Words,Words" August Challenge from 2013 because I love Alison (not in a creepy way) and darn it - it's an awesome challenge!
As always there is a brilliant sponsor this month. Click on the link underneath the badge there to go on over and have a look at their fabulous range of goodies. If you play along in this month's challenge at Our Creative Corner - you could be the winner of the generous prize they will be sponsoring.
For my project - I decided that I wanted to make a card that could also be detached to hang on the door of a private library or folded up to place on a reading table.
I loved making this for many reasons. In addition to highlighting "words" as a focal point of the project, I decided that I wanted to challenge myself to feature a colour scheme that I hardly ever use and also to make the entire project out of leftover crafting supplies.
I used the following craft supplies items.:
Distress inks to colour the image and create the background -Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Dried Marigold, Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot.
Archival Ink in plum to stamp the text background and Santoro Gorjuss Girl.
Satin Ribbon to create the "fire" flames. I kind surprised myself when I realised how simply folding and glueing ribbon in loops could create the effect of a ribbon fire.
Brown craft wire to create the smoke effect.
Coffee beans for the logs in the fire.
Old piece of cardboard that was distressed to create a grungey contrasting background.
Tim Holtz' Sticky Alpha parts plastic letters to spell out my sentiment intentions.
Bakers Twine from "The Twinery".
If you see anything else on there that you see that I have not mentioned but you are curios abouthere please leave me a comment and I will let you in on it.
Hope I did Alison's challenge justice.