Friday, May 2, 2014

Woohoo - I got a 12 Tags tag!

I'm so thrilled and honoured to have made the April 2014 Winners list for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags challenge.  What made it even more cooler was that last year in April I made the Winners list then as well.  What a fabulous surprise for that anniversary.

I am on holiday for a week so that makes the whole Tim Holtz surprise even better.  Let me show you what I have been up to.

The chairman and I checked out Lilani Hotsprings near Greytown earlier this week.  Apart from the sulphury smell (as is to be expected), it was fantastic.  We both decided that our skin felt so much better afterwards and it was worth the rotten egg fragrance in our hair!

We have since returned to the Berg, it is going into winter here so the days are brilliantly clear.  The sky goes a cerulean blue and the contrast of the mountains against it is jaw droppingly beautiful.


Yesterday we went to visit some friends who run the Graceland Bed and Breakfast in Champagne Valley and we all went down to the river on the property.  I love how everything here is completely untouched by people.  Its been ages since I went down to a river bottom and not seen the river bank strewn with litter.  Little Maya, who is the most adorable, feisty, little 2 year old daughter of Ruth and Barrett whom we went down the hill with - stripped off and promptly declared "Me jump"!  Which meant she wanted to swim in the river.  Brave little girl that she is, she jumped right into the freezing water and splashed around til she declared "Me cold" and "Me towel".

Right now in the Berg is the Drakensberg Boys Choir School's annual Music in the Berg.  I am wanting to go, but the chairman, who is an DBC Alumnus is not interested....maybe I can convince him to....will keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Candice, congrats on winning Tim's tags for April. I loved your tag and it so deserved the win. Can't wait to see what you've got in store next. Take care. Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations (again!) on your win. I love that stunning mountain view - wow! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win on the Tim's Tag. Your tags are always stunning.
    I still haven't cashed in on my winnings from a few months ago from Tim….hope they don't expire :-0
    Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation.
    Glad the beads worked for you :) I haven't tried again since my last fail, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was so happy to see your name come up - your take on the tags is always so refreshingly original and always a delight to see!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes me happy when you stop by the Tincan deli - I love interacting with other bloggers, crafters and anyone else who is up for a chat. If you leave a comment I am going to come over to your blog and visit there for a while!!!>